News and Announcements
Abington All-Stars: June 25th-June 30th To register email firstname.lastname@example.org Must be 10u Valley League Rostered Player. Double Elimination. $175 + new 11" ball, 2019 Playoff Rules,
Tripp Park All-Stars: July 2nd -July 7th To register call Paul helring at 570-499-2351
Taylor All-Stars: July 15th-July 21st contact 570-885-7563
I. Board Introduction and team roll call
A. Introduced Margaret Adolfson as president
MaryBeth Hricenak as secretary
Kevin Walsh as treasurer
B. Roll Call had 14 towns represented announcing 20 teams in league
II. Rules Read and Discussion of changes
A. Motion to move bases from 45 feet to 60 feet was made.
1. Reasons for: girls are athletes and could make the distance
better hitters make it hard for girls to get ball and make a play
2. Reasons against: girls cannot make the throw
3. Vote was 11 nays, 3 ayes. Vote did not pass. Rule stays the same.
B. Motion made to make the inning run rule 4 instead of 5
1. no discussion
2. 11 ayes, 3 nays. Vote passed. Rule changed.
III. Paperwork Requirements
A. All teams need ASA insurance
B. Any person having direct contact with or care of the girls need state approved clearances and a signed disclosure statement
1. State police clearance which can be obtained at epatch.state.pa.us
2. State child abuse clearance www.compass.state.pa.us
3. If your volunteer has lived out of state in the past ten years they must also get their fingerprint done. They start that process by logging onto: www.identogo.com
4. Disclosure statements may be found at dhs.gov
5. Someone from your organization should take the training for mandated reporters of suspected child abuse at www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu
6. People who have regular contact with children are now considered mandated reporters. Suspected child abuse or neglect may be reported to childline at 1-800-932-0313.
IV. Dates for season
A. Next meeting for game scheduling will be April 30th. 7pm
B. Season will be from May 1st through July 7th.
C. Carbondale's 8u state tournament will be July 14th and July 15th.
D. Dickson City's 8u tournament will be July 16th through July 22nd.
February 11, 2018
I. Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance
II. Roll call
III. Rereading of Common By-laws
IV. Proposals to be voted on:
A. League to pay for full website membership. NO discussison. Unanimous voted yes
B. Players to be allowed to steal first to second base after the pitched ball crosses homeplate.
1. Comments for: teaching important aspects of the game, open awareness of what should be happening.
2. Comments against: taking away forced play, learning process should be tiered and players who are ready could
move up to next level.
3. Proposal was voted against.
C. Proposal was made that we change innings 1, 2, 3, 4, run rule to four instead of five. The fifth inning would remain unlimited.
1. Proposal was passed 12 to 1.
V. Rules were reread with no changes.
VI. Dates for season:
Opening day: April 9th. Games may be played that day but do not have to be.
Season end date: June 6th. Rain date games: June 7th/8th. These are not the mandatory dates for make-ups the make up must be replayed by these dates.
Post Season tournaments: June 11th-June 16th
Play-off will be held in Taylor
Classic I will be held at Tripp Park
Classic II: will be held at Olyphant
VII. Number of teams per town needs to be known by March 7th.
VIII. Next Meetings:
March 11th: Scheduler and Paperwork/fees due
North teams at 5, South at 7:determined by how many teams are in league.
April 8th: Mandatory Coaches Meeting
**Mike Burrell declined nomination for league treasurer. Kevin Walsh was nominated and accepted as treasurer for league.
*Nominations were taken for President and Treasurer as Chris Chapman and Gia Shedd stepped down.
Margaret Adolfson, league secretary, was nominated and elected president of the 10u Valley Junior Petunia League.
Therefore nominations were taken for league secretary. MaryBeth Hricenak was nominated and elected league secretary.
Mike Burrell was nominated for treasurer. He was not at the meeting to accept.
*Common By-laws were read.
*League rules were read. Proposals were made for changes.
1. Proposal to have players steal first to second base.
*Umpire Fees per game is $38.00. Each team is also responsible for the $2 per home game fee to be paid to the league who in turn will pay the umpire association. A member of each town organization should register on Arbitersports.com so they are in contact with the umpire association.
*President proposed that the league pay for the full website to have benefits of tournament brackets, tracking team's progress and standings, also a facebook connection.
* Next Meetings:
*February 11, 2018: Vote on proposals
*March 11, 2018: Scheduler
*League Fees and Paperwork:
NEPUL Fee: $2.00 per home game
Proof of Insurance
Team Roster with full names and birthdates
ACE certification for one member of the organization